submitted by mattbillfield
Love your blog. Ever since I stumbled upon it and the rest of the edc world, I’ve been buying gear non-stop. Here is what I have in my pockets today (photo taken with my iphone 4):
-Small Sebenza with matching Chris Reeve TI bead and custom sharkskin deep carry sheath by Paul Long
-Atwood G5 Prybaby with TI Lanslide
-4Sevens Quark Mini 123 in satin TI with S3
-Fenix E05 with R4
-Keys with P-7 Suspension Clip and fishing swivel
-Koolstof carbon fiber money clip
I also carry a simple white hanky which came in handy to wipe the dust off the coffee table before taking the photo.
Editor’s Note: Here’s one for the titanium lovers… Beautiful gear! I like your keychain setup with the suspension clip and swivel for ease of carry. Of course, nice primary knife, tool, light and watch too. Thanks for sharing.
submitted by PiterM
Just my recent weekend EDC:
- Emerson CQC7 (with custom backspacer)
- Fellhoelter folder-bottle opener (for fine cutting tasks)
- Atwood PryBaby tool (with Strider pivot key)
- Ti folding spork
- BIC lighter
- iPhone (doubles as emergency flashlight)
- Spartan pen (impact device)
- Field Notes
- refreshment mini-towel
- BUSHIDO pendant
- GF1 camera with 14/2.5 lens (very handy and gives MUCH better image quality than ANY compact camera, especially in low-light. And still small enough for EDC)
Editor’s Note: Nice loadout as always, Piter. I especially like the spork and friction folder/bottle opener as I don’t see those very often, very cool! Even though this loadout might look a little on the heavy side it still remains coherent set of tools for a relaxing weekend outside or something. I also forgot how good a simple G-Shock can be for an EDC watch, I might have to pick one up soon. Thanks for sharing.
submitted by Jim R
Nice site! Here is the low-down on my EDC:
- Prescription glasses with a titanium frame.
- Droid X. It is amazing what all a smart phone can do.
- Casio G-Shock watch.
- Wallet with Faraday cage built in. I have a credit card with a RFID chip.
- Hinderer titanium Investigator pen.
- Hinderer XM-18 3.5”, partially serrated blade, black DLC coated.
- Sunwayman V10R titanium flashlight, variable brightness LED.
- Keychain with paracord lanyard, Gerber Shard, LED light, SAK Classic, Swiss Tools key shaped multitool, keys.
Editor’s Note: Wow, awesome Hinderers and light. Nice rugged watch too. My only suggestion would be to maybe clean up the keychain a little bit — it looks like you could benefit from a larger main split ring and maybe more clips (like McGizmo) especially for your car key, and remove some of those extraneous split rings between items. I also don’t really see the need for the Utilikey if you have a SAK classic, I think the SAK outperforms the utilikey in every way.* I think some small changes to that would help clean up your keychain and make it carry better in your pocket. Thanks for sharing!
*Correction: It was brought to my attention that the Classic lacks many of the drivers and the bottle opener that the Utilikey has, but more feature-filled 58mm SAKs like the Manager or Minichamp cover those bases, as does Jim’s Gerber Shard.
Page 1 of 22